Sunday, March 26, 2017

Starting Seeds Indoors

Last year I germinated seeds in wet paper towels and then planted in soil.  The bulk of the plants survived, but they were not hearty (like store bought plants) when I finally put them in the beds.  I lost a few and ended up buying replacements.

This year I decided to start all of my seeds in the AeroGarden.  The first group of seeds were ready for planting in soil after 3-weeks.  Just like any other method, not all of the seeds germinated and grew so perhaps they are better planted directly into the soil?

It was been 5 weeks total and the plants you see in the AeroGarden below are 2-weeks old and the potted ones are 5 weeks and very hearty.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Diva Farmer, Linda L. here. I know this isn't a seed starting question, but here goes: have you thought about using a kratky method for growing some things? MphGardener on youtube has a bunch of info on it, as well as other youtube sites. Super easy, very low upkeep, just the thing for a working mom with lots of projects.
P.S.: My plants live in spite of my efforts, not because of them LOL! But I can grow things in water with no problem.

 

Premier Sponsor

Newsletter Signup

Connect with Me

Premier Sponsor ~ Aimee's Ghost



DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR